I've often heard the term "nesting" when it comes to pregnant women. My understanding is that it's the desire to settle in at home in order to get ready for the baby that will arrive and change your life forever. So...I guess I'm nesting. I took a sewing class a few months back with a friend and now I have a long list of things I'm planning to make for the nursery. Didn't know I was the sewing type? Well, I'm not, or at least I didn't used to be, but I have this strong instinct to make stuff and maybe it's a pull to be more like my grandmother, who was a wonderful seamstress. I completed my first project last night - valances for the nursery made out of a vintage fabric that I picked up at an antique store. I'm leaning towards a "vintage-style" nursery with lots of fun colors - red, apple green, turquoise and brown. My future sewing projects include a crib skirt and mobile...wish me luck!
Comments